Sometimes if you experience server ‘downtime’ the cause is relatively small and easily remedied. The first place to look is your debug log in Wavepanel (SHOUTcast/Cloud DJ > Server Name > Debug). Below is a list of common error codes to look out for and the solution. We will be adding more codes in due course.
Connection rejected. Bad icy header string [icy-name:]
- You are attempting to connect but failed to provide a stream name. This is common in Virtual DJ. Fix by entering a Stream Name (Usually your station name) in the ‘Name’ or ‘Station Name’ field in your broadcasting Software.
SHOUTcast 1 source connection denied for user (dj). Bad password.
- The DJ password in your playout software is not correct. Please visit SHOUTcast> Edit Mountpoint config to find your password.
If you are using Cloud DJ ensure the DJ password in Cloud DJ settings matches your SHOUTcast password then retry.
Error opening port #### because Could not bind to :#### because Address already in use
- Server monitor may have attempted reconnection too fast. Go to Wavepanel > Server Control then toggle the server ON and OFF quickly. Wait a few seconds and toggle back on. This refreshes the port.
SHOUTcast 1/2 client connection rejected. Stream not available.
- You do not have a source connected to your server. Check your playout software/ensure Cloud DJ is online.
Directory returned error code: 470 Listeners not allowed until the error is resolved.
- Your directory hash is invalid. Go to Wavepanel > SHOUTcast > Directories and click ‘Reset Directory Hash’